Arctic Response delivers ATV operator training, nationally certified through the Canadian Safety Council.
The ATV Safety course is an 8-10 hour program consisting of approximately 2 hours of classroom and 6 hours of practical riding. Discussion led lessons explain fundamental safety principles and practices of operating an ATV.
The general learning outcomes of this program include:
- Safe and responsible methods of ATV operation
- Basic user maintenance and pre-trip inspection
- Correct riding techniques on flat land and hills
- Correct techniques for emergency stops and turns
- Basic obstacle crossing techniques
A rider’s knowledge and skills are evaluated throughout the program by a CSC registered instructor. Each lesson contains specific performance objectives and evaluation points. Riders are provided positive reinforcement not only to develop skills but to recognize and appreciate safe responsible riding practices.
Equipment Candidates must provide their own Department of Transportation (DOT) approved helmet and road worth ATV. A limited number may be available for rent from Arctic Response on a first-come, first-serve basis.
ATV Size Limits by Age
- Under 70 cc: 6 years and older
- 70 – 90 cc: 12 and older
- Over 90 cc: 16 and older