The First Response course enables graduates to stabilize emergency situations in pre-hospital environments. This training is ideal for security personnel, teachers, fitness instructors, health and safety committee members, designated workplace first aid team members, volunteer firefighters, internal EMS personnel, firefighters, wilderness guides and outfitters, camp instructors, and lifeguards.
Course Content includes:
- Legal issues and liabilities
- Primary and secondary scene management,
- Advanced first aid procedures,
- Airway management,
- Oxygen therapy,
- C-spine management,
- Spinal boards and patient packaging,
- Motor vehicle accidents, and
- Patient transfer to Emergency Medical Services.
Course Duration: 5 days