Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC)
Previously known as the Firearms Acquisition Course (FAC), this training is mandatory for individuals wishing to obtain non-restricted firearms must first complete the CFSC program and then apply for a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL).
CFSC and CRFSC courses involve practice handling different types of deactivated firearms, but does not include live firing. However, Arctic Response does provide live fire training using both lethal and “less-lethal”, i.e. 12 gauge shotgun rubber slugs and cracker rounds for predator defence.
Non-Restricted License Course (CFSC) Content:
- Introduction to firearms
- Basic firearm safety practices
- Operating firearm actions
- Safe handling and carrying of non-restricted firearms
- Firing techniques and procedures for non-restricted firearms
- Care of non-restricted firearms
- Social responsibilities of the firearms owner / user
- Safe storage, display, transportation & handling of non-restricted firearms
Full Course | 1-2 days (depending upon class size)