Wilderness First Aid training is extremely intensive, requiring students to learn and apply field first aid skills and manage multiple factors including:
- Saving the patient’s life;
- Often dealing with multiple patients, not all of whom might be survivable;
- Managing fear and stress in the patient(s), themselves and bystanders;
- Orchestrating the efforts of people and resources; and
- Shifting environmental factors such as cold, failing light and wildlife.
To avoid overwhelming candidates, Arctic Response strongly recommends that students take a 2-day Standard First Aid course immediately before Wilderness First Aid training.
A highly popular option is our 4 day combined Wilderness and Standard First Aid training program. Successful candidates of this training receive certification in both our 3 day Wilderness First Aid and our nationally recognized Standard First Aid with CPR and AED programs in 4 days vs. 5 days if the courses are taken separately.
Duration: 4 days